Accessibility Links
Quick Send CV
Cookies on our website
By continuing to use this website we will assume you are happy to receive cookies as outlined in our cookie policy
Accept Policy


Sanctuary Personnel was founded in 2002 to provide qualified social workers and care professionals to social services throughout the UK. In the years since, our responsiveness and commitment to best practice have seen us grow in stature, reach and reputation with many milestones on route to employing 250 people at our Ipswich headquarters. Sanctuary Personnel now offers nationwide social work, allied health, mental health and criminal justice employment opportunities with a wide range of public and private sector employers.

Among the milestones on our journey are:


  • Achieved commission for Social Care Inspection registration
  • Became an NHS PASA preferred supplier of locum doctors


  • Became a registered body to the Criminal Records Bureau (now known as the Disclosure and Barring Service)


  • Became a preferred provider to the NSPCC
  • Became a preferred provider to Cafcass      
  • Received our first Government Procurement Service contract to supply allied health professionals (now known as Crown Commercial Service)      
  • Became largest independent provider of social workers in the UK


  • Launched Skylakes our social work service delivery company
  • Development of our allied health recruitment business with placing occupational therapists


  • Launched Sanctuary Executive, offering a bespoke recruitment service to those leading social services departments


  • Launch of Sanctuary Training to support the development of our candidates and help clients have fully prepared teams in place
  • Became responsible for approximately 15% of the UK's social work placements. The remaining 85% is divided between 30-40 other agencies
  • Launched Sanctuary Criminal Justice, providing staff to support the UK’s criminal justice system
  • Became main sponsor of Social Worker of the Year Awards


  • Launched Sanctuary DBS Solutions, providing online Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
  • Launched Sanctuary Mental Health to supply mental health and learning disability professionals to mental health services
  • Andrew Williamson CBE is welcomed as the Chairman of Sanctuary Personnel
  • Sanctuary becomes one of the largest social work led organisations in Britain


  • Sanctuary Training achieved CPD accreditation for the first of a series of courses, certified by the CPD Certification Service


  • Sanctuary is awarded a place on the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) Allied Health Professionals Health Science and Emergency Services Temporary Staff Agreement. 
  • Sanctuary is awarded a place to supply nurses through the NHS London Procurement Partnership (LPP).
  • Launched Sanctuary Health Science Services to supply clinical scientists to the NHS.


  • Launched Sanctuary Nursing to supply a full range of nursing staff within healthcare settings.
  • Sanctuary is awarded a place on the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) Multidisciplinary Temporary Healthcare Personnel Agreement for the supply of doctors, consultants, dentists, general practitioners and allied health professionals as well as health science services, emergency services, nursing, midwifery and personal social services personnel to NHS trusts.
Each milestone represents the development of new services for Sanctuary or new relationships in the health and social care sector. We pride ourselves on our commitment to provide quality staff and services to our clients and will continue to centre the development of our services on the highest standards.